ENKA has its Ethics Hotline to ensure that open and transparent communication is maintained, that employees, local communities and all parties engaged in a business relationship (suppliers, subcontractors, subcontractors’ workers, customers, business partners etc.) can report behaviour that violates company policies and receive advice for matters that are unclear to them. Employees and all relevant stakeholders may convey concerns that they cannot alleviate by dealing with their managers or local project management to ENKA Ethics Hotline or Ethics e-mail address (email@example.com).
ENKA ETHICS HOTLINE
When concerns arise, first we encourage employees to consult with their supervisors, or local project managements, prior to contacting the İstanbul Headquartes. If their concerns are not resolved, they can convey their concerns by phone or e-mail to the İstanbul Headquartes.
Some examples of the types of violations or improper activities to report include the following:
• Financial reporting and internal control issues
• Environmental, health & safety issues
• Workplace disputes and misconduct
• Information protection & data privacy
• Threat and physical violence
• Legal and regulatory issues
• Human rights and employees rights issues and / or suspected violations
• Bribery and excessive gifts
• Unfair advantage and expedience
• Confidential information leaks
• Managers using employees for their personal profit / business
• Unfair performance evaluations
• Not treating equally to the employees
• Dereliction of duty and malpractice
ENKA is committed to maintaining confidentiality to the maximum extent possible and strictly prohibits retaliation against anyone who makes a good faith report.
ENKA Ethics Hotline is available during the working hours on Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Reports may be made anonymously in Turkish, English, Russian and Kazakh languages.