Tengizchevroil has been undertaking a major expansion of its existing facilities through the development of the Future Growth Project (FGP), a component of which is the Wellhead Pressure Management Project (WPMP). Senimdi Kurylys LLP, an equal joint venture between ENKA and Bechtel was awarded the contract for the Core Substation ME&I Installation project.
The work carried out under the project included the installation of a new 110 kV core substation and the interconnection of the facility’s new and existing generating stations. The core substation operates as the hub for the distribution of power.
The core substation comprises 32 prefabricated and pretested modules, and includes 6 units of 110 kV BAAH GIS main switches and associated control and protection equipment, 10 kV/400 V distribution transformers, low voltage switchgear, UPS systems, FLS, ECS and SRC system control equipment panels and automatic synchronizing units.
Future Growth Project – Wellhead Pressure Management Project – Core Substation ME&I Installation
LocationTengiz / Kazakhstan
ENKA SCOPE OF SERVICES
- The laying, testing and terminating of the 110 kV underground cables and the associated intermediate underground cables
- The assembly of 2 units of 40/60/20 MVA buffer transformers, overhead line disconnector mechanisms and post insulators and supports
- Assembly of 2 units of 245 MVA, 110 kV series reactors, overhead line disconnector mechanisms and associated post insulators and supports
- Assembly of 2 units of standby diesel generators and associated staircases, platforms, piping, electrical control panels, switchyard grounding and lightning rods
- 11 units of 110 kV overhead line gantries, associated cable support structures and surge arrestors