The Mausoleum Project is located in Franceville city in the southeast of Gabon. The Project is dedicated to the former president of the Gabonese Republic, El Hadj Omar Bongo Ondimba, and includes a Mausoleum, Mosque, Library and Museum, as well as other service buildings.
Construction of the Mausoleum, Mosque, Library & Museum
Scope of Work
|Excavation Works||94,042 m³|
|Concrete Works||13,453 m³|
|Brick Wall||2,172 m²|
|Underground Piping||2,468 mt|
|Total Direct Mhr||1,353,584|
|Total Manpower||826 ea|
|Total Floor Area||8,500 m²|
- It is a prestige project for Gabon and ENKA allocated all the necessary resources, in order to achieve the planned completion date, which was the anniversary of El Hadj Omar Bongo Ondimba becoming president
- The logistics of the project was one of the major challenges, including offshore transportation, difficulties resulting from the harsh tropical seasons of the country, the constraints presented by the road between Libreville and Franceville and also due to the project’s very tight schedule
- In addition, a lack of skilled labor in the remote part of the country created another challenge and required ENKA to bring labor from various parts of the world as well as expatriate personnel from Turkey. Despite this, the project was completed with 50% local content. ENKA successfully trained and managed local personnel in various fields with the compulsory and rigorous safety program and the tough human resources management program.
ENKA SCOPE OF SERVICES
The scope of the project included engineering, procurement and underground construction, structural, mechanical, electrical, architectural and finishing work. Some art works, which include handmade zellige tiles and carved wood work, were completed by the architect’s team of Moroccan artists.
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- It should be mentioned that ENKA was the first company in the history of Gabon to achieve 1,000,000 work hours without any lost time incident and ENKA was rewarded by the Client for their outstanding success, despite the excessive challenges
- The President of Gabonese Republic also awarded ENKA with a Certificate of Recognition.